It is no doubt that I have a thing for the sky. May it be raining or not, cloudy or clear, sunrise or sunset, the night sky or the day—it still feels great to look at it. The moment I look at it is the moment I start to forget everything for awhile and feel calm. This year, I have snapped a lot of them. To be honest, it’s way better to see it personally rather than the pictures I took. I feel like I did no justice for its beauty. Hehe
Everything was taken from an iPhone 6 camera.
It has been about a couple of months since I went home for a five-week-long vacation in The Philippines-particularly in my hometown-Mati, Davao Oriental. I have been looking forward to this since we booked a ticket last year. Home will always be home and I will never replace Mati as my home. I never really told everyone when I was going back so it was somehow a surprise for most people, except my family and very close friends.
We made sure to be home before my brother’s birthday because he really wanted us to be together as a family. The moment I stepped inside our house was like the moment I’ve never felt happier and secure in a long time. My second agenda next to that, spend time with my friends and family. Day after day, I’d reach out to a friend and catch up with them. I was mostly away in the first week and would go home late at night but, hey, you can’t blame me. I’ve been gala-deprived since I started college away from home.
Then goes my brother’s birthday party. He wanted a simple celebration but we figured why not celebrate it at the beach so we can also bond and catch up with our family and closest friends. We stayed there for two days. It was a memorable experience. Two of my closest friends was there, my whole extended family was present, I love the beach and almost everything—it was a perfect getaway. The only con was there were so many mosquitoes in the evening! I was bitten a lot I regretted I didn’t bring a mosquito repellant with me.
It started as is as the first week. I went out with friends and caught up with them. I seized the opportunity of Jollibee’s existence so I was probably Jollibee’s loyal customer for a month. Why doesn’t Florida franchise one? 😭
I attended a household meeting and delivered a talk in CFC-YFL Mati during the weekend to spend time with my second family in Mati. It’s so nice to do something I used to do when I was still living there; it made me feel nostalgic and emotional. I was like, okay self pull yourself together this is real can u pls not.
It feels so good to talk to you again. Not talk like I usually reply to you, but talk like we normally used to. I can freely talk to you with no doubts at all, that I know. You were once a bestfriend before anything else. I think since we started talking again this is the first time I really opened something about myself that not much knows about me. Who would want to share something so confusing and complicated and almost all doesn’t understand the whole thing? It’s not like it’d make any difference and change everything right? I’m sorry I built a wall. I’m just not sure about everything yet. I need fixing, we both do. I’m sorry. Although I have to say thank you. Thank you for putting up with me even when I constantly push you away because of my irrelevant reasons. Thank you for always trying. Thank you. I have no idea where this will lead us and the thought makes it more scary but thank you. I’m not worth all that but thank you. Wherever this boat floats and whatever it brings, I wish you nothing but happiness. I’m happy as long as you are. This is why I don’t think I deserve you. All I bring is pain and negativity. It won’t be worth it. You deserve better! Sorry I can’t be all things you need just yet…or maybe never. Be happy.
- Today starts my journey as a seventeen-year-old citizen of the universe. How time flies so fast and I have a year to seize it until I am another year older again.
- It’s my first birthday away from my dad and brother and I felt incomplete though I am still happy I get to spend another year alive and fighting.
- After one birthday back when I was maybe in elementary, I stopped asking for parties. Instead, I ask my parents that we go out of town or it usually is within my birthday when they plan on going somewhere. This time, I planned how I would like to spend my birthday ahead and it was pretty simple.
- First is to attend mass. I want to celebrate my birthday at the Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe. It’s one of my favorite church and I feel every different kind of happines—if there is—when I go there.
- Second, spend the day with Mama.
- Then, buy myself a gift, which is a crucifix medallion.
- Finally, to go home and watch a movie. That was it.
- I never expected something big to happen with all honesty I have in me until my barkada and FFL family in The Philippines changed it. I really thought they’d just send me social media greetings.
- I woke up 6:30am to get ready; we still have to travel an hour and a half to be in church on time. My phone buzzed and a message popped in the screen: a video greeting from one of my barkada. I even thought that was enough and she was just too lazy to type a message for me. It kept coming.
- Mama and I prayed together for our morning prayer then my brother and yaya called. They greeted me for the nth time and asked about videos. That was when I realized maybe they did videos as well. I was too exhilarated! I never thought my family back home will do a video for me so I thought it was just my barkada. I can’t imagine how they got to have my family included!
- We finished talking and I continued watching the videos of my friends. Happiness and euphoria was overflowing my emotions I became sentimental. Gosh what did I do in my past life to be this blessed?
- We celebrated the mass.
Yas, so humid….
- After the mass, we went to their shop to buy a medallion. I’ve been wanting to have one since last year to pair it with my San Benito one. #atmyhappiest
- When we got out of the shop, I received another set of videos again from my closest high school teachers to one of my cousin, my brother and my dad. My dad’s video message was the last one and it made me emotional, again. My CFC-YFL family in Mati prepared a video greeting as well and made my day extra-special in another level. I was too speechless for I was surprised, big time! I honestly never imagined nor thought this would ever happen.
thank you guys, you made this day one for the books. you all are for keeps ❤
- I was checking and reading greetings from social media while we were heading to the mall. After reading almost half of it, I immediately called the person behind the surprise.
If you are reading this, I am still out of words but all I can say is thank you. I have been saying thank you for the nth time now, I know, I’m sorry but I’m really not because I really am grateful for you. Thank you for everything. Please know that I appreciate every little effort you put and it made me very happy. It’s worth more than books, superheroes and hello kitty added together.
- If there is one thing family and a few dear friends know about me it’s I smile and get pleased from small things easily. Mababaw lang kasiyahan ko! I even laugh when it still isn’t that funny! I am also a sentimental person and I prefer sentimental things that I can treasure forever over material possessions. It’s always the thought that counts when it comes to me.
Last year was a very hard year for me, sinceriously. But I realized I have to be thankful for the tough times because I have something to mind. If I have none I wouldn’t be here in the first place. I just have to push myself as much as I can and persevere. There’s more to come and I have to be prepared and expectant.
- This birthday will forever be kept in a special place in my heart. May I have a productive and hopeful year ahead of me. Reminding myself again to just take things slow and to always look on the positive side even when my pessimism overshadows me again. Seventeen years in this world, more to come and I have to say I’m very blessed. Thank you, Lord! Thank you.
naligo ko kay birthday man
Oh, and I finished one movie today. It was X-Men: The Last Stand. I have to re-watch the X-Men movie series to refresh and catch up again before I watch X-Men Apocalypse. Sorry, I am a sucker for this kind of movies. Hehe
One of the few things I enjoy is travelling with my family.
Nope, I haven’t travelled alone yet, I’m always with family or with FFL. Travelling is one of the few things we do where we can spend quality time as a family; we learn and experience new things in different places we go altogether. Of course, what comes to that is the part that I hate the most: long travel and wait hours. It’s summer season and I thought why not share to you guys how I survive long airplane travels.
1. When you have OCD and you want to your things organized
I bring a backpack and a shoulderbag/handbag plus a carry-on luggage(if there is one) that is put inside the cabin in the plane. My backpack is where I put my gadgets and some less important stuff. The shoulderbag is where I put the essentials where I can grab it quickly: wallet, phone, personal hygiene, and anything that I use often. I put them in the floor inside the back part of the seat in front of me but I make sure to get them half an hour before the plane lands or else I’ll forget them.
All of the things I will be mentioning is either put in my backpack or shoulderbag. Continue reading
Grabbed from The Artidope facebook page
At the end of the day, all you have is you and God. Nothing else matters because you are the only person that can save yourself from all the agony with the help of God, of course.
So for once, do something for yourself. Do something that will make you happy. That will make you accept yourself even more.
And for once, love more. Even when it hurts damn hard and it’s too much to fathom, love more. And love yourself even more.
Stressed with an upcoming test,
I sometimes do not get why some people hate change. Change is constant. We do not paralyze our own thoughts and actions. We do different things every time, we say different words every time, we learn from new experiences every day; we grow.
I personally think change is a good thing—bad or good—it makes us who we are as a person. When you genuinely love someone, you accept them as who they are or what they might become simply because you love them. You might miss who they were before but let them grow. Don’t just focus on their changes. Let yourself grow too and try to look at yourself: on how well you’ve become, on how well you’ve changed. Although when there is nothing to change, then don’t.
You know a person is for keeps even when they’ve changed but your relationship with them didn’t. Of course, a person not worth your time will not bother to stay no matter what circumstance it may be.